Fair Processing Notice for Customers
At Flexioffices, we respect your personal data. This Fair Processing Notice explains how we will use your personal data when you:
- Visit the website
- Download resources
- Use the office space calculator tool
- Make an enquiry or
- Ask us to provide you with a quote for flexspace
Your information will be filed securely on our computers and any paper copies will also be securely stored.
Our contact details
The Bloomsbury Building, 10 Bloomsbury Way
020 7061 3620
Our ICO Registration Number is: Z5337994.
Our Data Protection Officer is Emma Butler who can be contacted on 020 7061 3620
What personal data do we collect about you? How will we use that personal data?
When you use our website, we will collect the following personal data about you:
- IP Address/ MAC address when you browse our website
- Name, company name, email, phone and the nature of your enquiry via our ‘Contact Us Form’.
When you download our resources, we will collect your name, email address and telephone number.
We will also keep you updated on market news, new offices and good value, and our unique reports offering insight into the flexible working industry.. You may of course unsubscribe at any time.
We will get in touch with you by phone (likely within 48 hours) to find out when the best future time will be to speak about helping you to find office space.
When you ask for a Quick Quote, Multi-Quote or register an enquiry through our Live Chat functionality, we will collect and process your name, company name, telephone number, email address, size of office needed and where you would like your serviced office to be based.
This is so that we can pass your details on to our office providers with relevant information about your needs, which will allow them to offer you the right office directly. They will contact you by phone and / or email.
We will also keep you updated on market news / newsletters, new offices and good value, and our unique reports offering insight into the flexible working industry. You may of course unsubscribe at any time.
Once you have submitted your details, we will get in touch with you by phone and / or email to discuss your search criteria further. We will collect and process additional information to include your current office address, company name and type of business as well as reasons for your move, start date, budget and any key driving factors.
Based on your specific needs, the office providers we introduce you to may be different from those you selected whilst browsing our website.
During office hours we will contact you by phone and / or email to see how we can help you. If we have not been able to contact you straight away we will pass your details to office provider(s).
At weekends and between 5.30pm - 9am, your details will be passed directly to the relevant office provider(s) for them to contact you.
We record our telephone calls for training and monitoring purposes.
If you decide to rent one of the offices you find on our website, we will keep in touch with you with further information including emails to make sure everything has gone to plan.
We want to ensure that the quality of service we offer you is the best that it can be through the personal information that you share with us. Ultimately, we want to offer you the best service by using your data to:
- Ensure that the content on our website is up-to-date, relevant, informative and functions adequately
- Make sure that you are the updated with the latest news and views on important industry developments
- Make you aware of the latest offices that would be suitable for you and your business
- Share our content that will help to provide useful information for our customers.
Cookies & Tracking
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data? How long do we hold your personal data?
We will process your personal data where we have a;
- Legal requirement to do so, or
- To perform a contract with you, or
- We feel we have a legitimate interest to do so.
By interacting with our website, staff or agents we believe that we have a 'legitimate interest' in informing you of the latest products and services that we have available that may be of relevant interest. Where we use legitimate interest as our lawful basis we will process your data for a period of up to four years since your last interaction with us. An interaction could include (but may not be limited to) visiting our website, speaking to our staff or agents, or opening or clicking a link via one of our emails.
- If you accept cookies on our website and continue to browse, we will process your IP and MAC address and use this information for analytical and retargeting purposes. This is on the basis of our legitimate interest, but you have the ability to change the settings on your browser or social media channels. Please see the Cookies page for more details.
- When you ask for a Quick Quote or a Multi-Quote, we will process your data under the legal basis of ‘contract’ as you have entered into negotiations with us regarding office space.
- If you choose to unsubscribe at any time, we will keep your details on a suppression list so that we don’t accidentally email you again.
- If you choose an office, as part of our contract with you, we will send you emails with further information and to make sure that everything has gone to plan.
You have the right to unsubscribe to marketing at any time. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident.
Do we have a statutory or contractual requirement to process your personal data?
There is a contractual requirement for us to process your personal data if you are one of our customers as we need to fulfil our contractual responsibilities.
Do we use any automated decision making?
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Companies that provide services to us. Our telephone service providers will get to see your phone number if we call you and our broadband supplier who could see your email address (but not the content of what you send us, if you encrypt it).
- Cloud service & IT providers. We use a number of cloud service & IT providers, such as our CRM, project management systems and webhosting. We also share with IT professionals who not only ensure that our systems run smoothly but are also committed to the highest standards of data protection compliance.
- We will share your data with the Office Providers on whose behalf we list offices on our website
- We use a digital marketing consultancy and an email service so that we can update you with the marketing emails you receive from us.
- In response to a court order. It is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose your information in response to a court order.
- We may process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for them to carry out marketing on our behalf. Where we do this, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection. Individuals have the right to choose (opt-out) whether your personal data is (i) to be disclosed to a third party or (ii) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorised by you
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
We use a number of cloud-based services some of which are based in the USA. We ensure that adequate safeguards are in place as these organisations are certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or appropriate agreements are in place to protect your personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
- When you visit our website, we have set our retention period for cookies at 12 months.
- If you make an enquiry, we will keep your details until we have resolved your query and then delete after 10 years.
- If you let an office that we have introduced you to, we will keep your data for 10 years.
- If you are on our email marketing list, you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time, but we will keep your personal data in a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We regularly cleanse our list and will delete your personal data if you haven’t responded to emails after 4 years.
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- To access your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- We no longer need it;
- If we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- If we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- We are processing your personal data unlawfully.
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
If you're concerned about how your data is processed then we'd prefer you contact us in the first instance, but you also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing by contacting the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office