Fair Processing Notice for Customers
At Flexioffices, we respect your personal data. This Fair Processing Notice explains how we will use your personal data when you
- Visit the website
- Download a handbook
- Use the office space calculator tool
- Make an enquiry or
- Ask us to provide you with a quote for serviced offices
Your information will be filed securely on our computers and any paper copies will also be securely stored.
Our contact details
2nd Floor, 11-15 Emerald Street
020 7831 1753
Our ICO Registration Number is:Z5337994.
Our Data Protection Officer is Emma Butler who can be contacted on 020 7061 3620
What personal data do we collect about you? How will we use that personal data?
When you use our website, we will collect the following personal data about you:
- IP Address/ MAC address when you browse our website
- Name, company name, email, phone and the nature of your enquiry via our ‘Contact Us Form.’
When you download our Handbook, we will collect your name, email address and telephone number.
At the time you’ll also be asked if you would like us to keep you updated on market news, new offices and good value, and our unique reports offering insight into the flexible working industry. If you tick the box, we will keep your email address on our database so that we can send you these updates via email. You may of course unsubscribe at any time.
We will get in touch with you by phone (likely within 48 hours) to find out when the best future time will be to speak about helping you find office space.
When you ask for a Quick Quote, MultiQuote or register an enquiry through our Live Chat functionality , we will collect and process your name, company name, telephone number, email address, size of office needed and where you would like your serviced office to be based.
This is so that we can pass your details on to our office providers with relevant information about your needs, which will allow them to offer you the right office directly. They will contact you by phone and / or email.
At the time you’ll also be asked if you would like us to keep you updated on market news / newsletters, new offices and good value, and our unique reports offering insight into the flexible working industry. If you tick the box, we will keep your email address on our database so that we can send you these updates via email. You may of course unsubscribe at any time.
Once you have submitted your details, we will get in touch with you by phone and / or email to discuss your search criteria further. We will collect and process additional information to include your current office address, company name and type of business as well as reasons for your move, start date, budget and any key driving factors.
Based on your specific needs, the office providers we introduce you to may be different from those you selected whilst browsing our website.
During office hours we will contact you by phone and / or email to see how we can help you. If we have not been able to contact you straight away we will pass your details to office provider(s).
At weekends and between 5.30pm -9am, your details will be passed directly to the relevant office provider(s) for them to contact you.
We record our telephone calls for training and monitoring purposes. When you enquire with us by telephone, we will also use the recorded calls as a record of your consent to receiving marketing information from us in the future, which we will ask for during the call.
If you decide to rent one of the serviced offices you find on our website, we will keep in touch with you with further information including emails to make sure everything has gone to plan.
We want to ensure that the quality of service we offer you is the best that it can be through the personal information that you share with us. Ultimately, we want to offer you the best service by using your data to:
- Ensure that the content on our website is up-to-date, relevant, informative and functions adequately
- Make sure that you are the updated with the latest news and views on important industry developments
- Make you aware of the latest offices that would be suitable for you and your business
- Share our content that will help to provide useful information for our customers.
We will also use your data occasionally to produce industry insights into our industry. Check out this example we worked on previously, whereby we gathered data on what our customers were spending on their offices to work out the average cost of a desk in London:”This tube map shows how much it costs to rent office space in zone one” (Timeout London)
Cookies & Tracking
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to understand how people use our website. We record pages people visit, where they come from and the actions they perform to measure the success of our website. We also use this data to compile reports and look for ways that we can improve our website. You can read further information about these cookies, and how Google safeguard them here.
- Google AdWords – We use Google AdWords to measure the pages that you visit on our website, as well as basic metrics including the number and nature of page URLs viewed, the locations & costs of the offices spaces, and whether you click on or search for specific locations. We also measure the amount of time spent on each page. This information is then used to show targeted banner ads to visitors via the Google Display Network and to customize search ads found in Google’s Search Engines Result Page.
- All this information is gathered by Google’s Remarketing Tag and is therefore anonymized and aggregated by Google before we can use it for remarketing purposes.
- Bing Adcenter – We use Bing’s UET tag to measure the number of people who have enquired about one or more office spaces after visiting the website via our ads run via Bing Ads. From this we can then count the number of enquiries generated via Bing Ads.
- All this data is aggregated and anonymised by Bing Ads before we can use it for measurement purposes.
- Yahoo Gemini – We used Yahoo Geminis tags to measure the number of enquiries for office space generated via any Yahoo Gemini ad activity. Yahoo Gemini tags are also used to track the pages viewed within Flexioffices site, the numerical ID’s for office spaces within these pages, the cost per month of these spaces and the number of offices enquired about. This information is then used to show targeted banner ads to visitors via the Yahoo Display Network and the Bing Ads Display Network.
- All this data is aggregated and anonymised by Yahoo Gemini before we can use it for remarketing and measurement purposes.
- Criteo – We use Criteo’s OneTag product for Re-marketing Purposes in a very similar way our other remarketing tags. The tag tracks the pages viewed within the Flexioffices site, the numerical ID’s for office spaces within these pages, the cost per month of these spaces and the number of spaces enquired about. More details about how Criteo do this can be found here. The tag is also used to measure the number of enquiries generated via Criteo activity. All this data is then used to show targeted banner ads to Visitors via Criteo’s own Display Network, the Google Display Network, Facebook’s Display Network and Bing/Yahoos Display Network.
- All this data is aggregated and anonymised by Criteo before we can use it for remarketing and measurement purposes.
- More Information About How Criteo Handles Your Information and how they achieve GDPR compliance here.
- Hubspot – We use Hubspot to collect information about the users who are interacting with our website. The information is mapped to the email address that you provide to us, and it helps us to understand how you are navigating the website, such as the pages you visit. This personal data combined with website usage insights allows us to deliver personalised messages that are relevant to you to help you during your search for a new office space.
- A/B Tasty – We use A/B Tasty to serve our website visitors with slightly different variations of a webpage to analyse how these variances impact the user journey. This process will apply a cookie to your device. The overall objective of using A/B Tasty is to continuously improve our website content to provide you with the best experience possible.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data? How long do we hold your personal data?
We need a legal basis in order to process your personal data.
- If you accept cookies on our website and continue to browse, we will process your IP and MAC address and use this information for analytical and retargeting purposes. This is on the basis of our legitimate interest, but you have the ability to change the settings on your browser or social media channels. Please see the Cookies section above for more details.
- We need your name and contact details in order to answer your enquiry and we process this data with your consent.
- When you download the Handbook, we will send you marketing information and newsletters only when you consent for us to do so.
- When you ask for a Quick Quote or a MultiQuote, we will process your data under the legal basis of ‘contract’ as you have entered into negotiations with us regarding office space.
- At the time you’ll be offered the choice to consent to our email news. If you choose to unsubscribe at any time, we will keep your details on a suppression list so that we don’t accidentally email you again.
- If you choose an office, as part of our contract with you, we will send you emails with further information and to make sure that everything has gone to plan.
You have the right to unsubscribe to marketing at any time. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will keep your name and email address on a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident.
Do we have a statutory or contractual requirement to process your personal data?
There is a contractual requirement for us to process your personal data if you are one of our customers as we need to fulfil our contractual responsibilities.
Do we use any automated decision making?
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Companies that provide services to us. Our telephone service providers will get to see your phone number if we call you and our broadband supplier who could see your email address (but not the content of what you send us, if you encrypt it).
- Cloud service & IT providers. We use a number of cloud service & IT providers, such as our CRM, project management systems and webhosting. We also share with IT professionals who not only ensure that our systems run smoothly but are also committed to the highest standards of data protection compliance.
- We will share your data with the Office Providers on whose behalf we list offices on our website
- We use a Bookkeeper and an Accountant to help us with our finances.
- We use a digital marketing consultancy and an email service so that we can update you with the marketing emails you receive from us.
- In response to a court order. It is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose your information in response to a court order.
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
We use Microsoft and DropBox which are based in the USA. However adequate safeguards are in place as these organisations are certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
- When you visit our website, we have set our retention period for cookies at 12 months.
- If you make an enquiry, we will keep your details until we have resolved your query and then delete after 10 years.
- If you didn’t opt into to our email marketing list when you downloaded the handbook, we will add your email address to our suppression list so that you are not sent marketing material.
- If you let an office that we have introduced you to, we will keep your data for 10 years.
- If you are on our email marketing list, you are welcome to unsubscribe at any time, but we will keep your personal data in a suppression list so that we don’t email you again by accident. We regularly cleanse our list and will delete your personal data if you haven’t responded to emails after 4 years.
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- We no longer need it;
- If we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- If we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- We are processing your personal data unlawfully.
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out by automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office